February is the month to celebrate love and friendship.
When it comes to fun Valentine’s Day crafts for kids, hearts rule!
There are so many awesome heart crafts for kids. I picked out some of the very best from around the internet to share with you in this post.
If you love hearts you will also want to check out my post with gift ideas, cards, and tasty treats, all with a heart theme.
Looking for something specific?
The crafts have been separated by categories for your convenience!
Heart Crafts for Kids
- Older children will have fun creating this String Canvas.
- I love how pretty these Woven Hearts turn out.
- This Map of Your Heart activity is both a craft and writing project!
- Chalk Stencil Hearts make a unique craft to hang up on the doors.
- Here’s an “ExStraw” Special Valentine Craft to make!
- These Yarn Wrapped Hearts are colorful and fun to make.
- Try this Marbled Painting activity. It turns out beautiful.
- Love penguins? Make this adorable paper heart penguin.
Heart Crafts for Preschoolers
- This simple Fingerprint Painting would look cute in a frame.
- Even the birds will love this
- Mix crafting with sensory exploration in this Frozen Ice Painting.
- Little ones will love layering yarn in this Yarn Heart craft.
Heart Suncatcher Crafts
- Put those old crayons to good use with this Wax Paper Sun Catcher.
- This Rainbow Sun Catcher turns out so beautiful.
- I also love this take on a Heart Sun Catcher!
- You just have to see this beautiful Glue and Beads Heart Sun Catcher.
Homemade Heart Decorations
- This Antiqued Wooden Heart would look great on the front door!
- Decorate the curtains with this.
- This String of Hearts makes a beautiful decoration.
- This Garland looks lovely hanging down from a window!
- We had so much fun making this beautiful rainbow heart garland.
- I love this simple Paper Hearts Chain Garland.
- Valentine’s Day Ideas for Boys
- 15 Homemade Gifts for Kids
Originally published January 21, 2015.